2017 – 2nd Half GM Internship Fellowship(~11.17)
◎ Purpose: To provide the opportunity of an overseas internship program at GM(USA) technical center in conjunction with a 6 month long financial support provided by UNIST based on the MOU between UNIST and GM
◎ Who may apply: Graduate students who would like to gain overseas working and research experience at GM(USA) and other global companies.
◎ Eligibility requirement: Korean Citizen
◎ Recruitment field
※ Preferred field by GM: It could be advantageous if applicants’ major(program) is related or applicable to the following areas.
-Carbon fiber composite-based ultra-sonic welding
-Finite element analysis(using LS-Dyna & Hypermesh) - plasticity & heat transfer
-Digital Image Processing (analysis of digital videos and photos to capture the motion of an object)
-Material characterization of metals (using SEM, EDX, XPS and TEM)
※ All graduate students can benefit from the GM Internship after additional negotiation between UNIST and GM, if their research field is related or applicable to the automotive industry and technology regardless of the above preferred field.
◎ Number of beneficiaries: about 6 awardees per year
◎ Support Amount & Other Benefits
1. KRW5,000,000/6months (from University scholarship) for Airfare & basic living cost
2. Matched research fund supported by recommender (at advisors’ discretion)
3. Medical Insurance coverage (above $1,000) by GM
4. Costs of issuing J-1 Visa $900 supported by GM (about $200 should be paid by each applicant)
5. Advantage when applying for jobs in GM or global companies, after overseas internship
◎ Schedule (It can be changed)
1. Application due date: 2017 Nov. 17th 18:00pm
2. Interview schedule: in Nov. 2017 (To be determined by the special committee)
3. Announcement of final successful applicants: in Dec. 2017
4. Expected time of dispatch to GM USA: in Feb. 2018
◎ Documents to be submitted: See the attached file of 2017 GM Intern Fellowship Application forms
1. Application Cover & Applicant’s Resume
2. Research Plan & Internship Proposal
3. Letters of Recommendation & Letters of Financial Support Guarantee
4. Academic Transcripts & Official English Test Scores (valid score within 2 years)
◎ Where to submit (both of below two methods)
1. Send Email to email@example.com with scanned file as PDF and Zip
2. Submit the printed file to applicant's school administration office of major(program)
※ Regarding this GM Internship, please contact with Jae boon Kim before submitted documents
◎ Check points
1. It is recommended that school status be “leave of absence”, as the RA/TA will not be provided during
the overseas internship , in spite of enrollment status.
2. Students are required to submit the report of internship result and receipt of expenses
(airfare/ transportation/rent etc.) within 14 days after coming back to Korea.